Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lead her away from Acting but not all the way to Finance.

Tina Fey has a prayer, called A Mother's Prayer for Her Child - the title of today's post is a line from her prayer. I loved the line the first time I heard it, and it's stuck in my head. Today I'm praying for Caroline's brain and her career.


Dear God,
Today I pray for Caroline's intellect. I pray that you help her develop into a curious child who loves to learn and explore your Earth. I pray that she become intelligent and bright, and that she's always able to find things that interest her. When it comes time for her to choose a course of study and work, more than anything I pray that you give her a passion for something that she can make a living off of. I pray that you give her a spirit to enjoy her work - from kindergarten to retirement. Please bless Caroline with choices in life, so that she can pick the path she follows.

Thank you for Caroline and her sweet personality we're already starting to understand.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment