Monday, July 25, 2011

Peaches

Tonight i made a peach barbecue sauce to go on grilled tilapia, it was delicious! Caroline sat in her bumbo while I worked, and it made me think of how fun it will be to teach her to cook and bake, and it inspires today's prayer.

Dear God,
Thank you for our sweet Caroline and thank you for all of the wonderful food you've given us on this earth. Thank you for peaches that get ripe and juicy in the hot summer sun, and that made our dinner tonight so yummy. Tonight I pray for Carolines relationship with food. I ask you to give her a taste for lots of different food, for her not to be a picky eater, and for her to have the will to try new things. I also pray that she have my love of working in the kitchen, and that it something we can bond over and share. I pray that she not have any food allergies, and that she's always able to choose food that's healthy for her body.

Thank you Lord for your love, for hearing our prayers, for answering our prayers and for all the gifts you've given us. We have a beautiful world God, full of wonderful food - that's creative genius on your part!

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment