Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Country

Dear God,
Tonight I offer up a prayer for the country where Caroline will grow up. Yesterday, we sent the last space shuttle into space, it was certainly an important day in US history. As I watched the launch, I felt pride in our country, in the people who live here. I pray that our country remains a safe place for Caroline, that we work toward common good, that we hold on to our morals ands values that seem to so easily slip away. I pray that Caroline explores our world and travels to wonderful places, but that she always finds her home familiar, safe, and comfortable. I pray for our leaders, for our businesses, for our people. Please bless us, lead us toward peace, guide us toward mercy and compassion, and make us to be centered on you. Please carve out a space in this world for our sweet girl.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment