Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthday Thank You

Dear God,
Today is Caroline's first birthday. Thank you so much for each of the moments you've given us with her in the last year. Thank you for all of the people you've put into our lives who have been such a help along the way. You gave us the child, and you gave us the village.

God it feels so selfish to ask, but please give us so many more birthdays with Caroline. Please keep her healthy and happy, and allow us to enjoy all of the wonderful things she is.

Thank you Lord for our baby girl.
Amen

---------------

Dear Friends -
Caroline's asleep now, her birthday is nearly over. I'm sitting at our dining room table thinking about how so many of you were part of our lives in the last year - how each of you have been a piece of the village that it's taken to raise our girl to this point. I want you to know how very much I appreciate you, and how grateful we are that you're here, sharing in our lives at this stage.

To our families. You're not only Caroline's family and favorite people, you're also the role models we've had for parents. You were great parents to us, extraordinary grandparents, and even great-grand parents. Rhonda and Steve, you've been such inspiration to us with the way you're raising Drew. We've learned a lot about good parenting from watching you both. Thank you to all of you for your endless patience, love and support.

To Rachel C. You helped us bring Caroline into this world, and I will NEVER forget that. Thank you for playing such an important role in our lives (for many years!), but especially on that day. I know NO ONE as positive, kind and spiritually centered as you.

To the IC. You've showered us with dinners, cards, flowers, clothing, gifts, and love. You've been part of Caroline's daily life and you're such good friends - such steady friends. I pray that Caroline has friends like you in her life - she'd be so lucky to find that.

To the Bartels. You lent us everything we needed for the first 6 months of Caroline's life. You answered your phone for even the silliest questions, and had us over for playdates when we desperately needed to get out of the house. You're great parents, excellent friends and a real blessing in our lives.

To Brittany, Alicia, and Kelly. I can't even really think about how this year would have been without you and your sweet babies. You were part of it all from day one, and I feel like we've both been in a battle and a celebration together nearly every day since. I love you each dearly, and your babies too. Congrats on not only surviving but thriving this first year.

To our music buddies and play date buddies. When I was pregnant I was worried about how we'd know other stay-at-home moms with babies -- who would we hang out with?? I never dreamed we'd find each of you so quickly. Thank you for your friendship and fellowship - we love our time together with you and your precious babies.

To Kristyn. You were a gift sent from above. Thank you for being the person we trust to keep Caroline so often. Never leave Orlando. :)

To Augie and Denise. You were the first people who made me feel like I might survive having an infant. Your confidence and kindness helped me avoid PPD - I'm sure of that. Thank you.

To Katie B, Katy T, Emily O, Emily R and Josie. If Caroline grows up to be anything like any of you, I'd be so happy. Your friendship over the last 10 years has meant so much to me, and I'm so glad we're still friends after all this time. Thank you for loving Caroline, and welcoming her into your lives. Emily O - you're the most laid back mom I know, and your patience and attitude are inspirational.

To the Hunt-Jones family. You're our family away from home, and we wouldn't want it any other way. Thank you for being here for us in the hardest moments over the last year, and being the people we know we can always call when we need help digging out. We love you.

To my JLGO girls. Thanks for the "time away" this year. It's so nice to have some time away from home with women like you. Thanks for the support, for being so kind to Caroline and for the spa days and wine nights. Looking forward to the next one - as always :)

To the people who I've obviously forgotten to mention here, and will feel terribly about as soon as I realize it. Know that I am grateful for you and who you are in our lives. Also know that a momma's brain is never as sharp as it was before kids. Please forgive me for not mentioning you by name.

With lots of love, I feel so undeserving of all you give us, and so unbelievably blessed. I thank God for you regularly.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment