Sunday, April 22, 2012

Close

Dear God,
Tonight Caroline did something she very rarely does any more - she woke up at 11 and needed me to come rock her. I sat in the dark of her room, holding her close. She had her hand on my shoulder and her head in the crook of my arm, and was peaceful. It made me so grateful for the trust she has in me, for the faith that I can help her, can make things better. God please keep us close. I know I won't always be able to fix things for Caroline, but I can always be close. I heard one time that being Christ-like was simply being with people - with them in a committed way - through hard times. I want to be with Caroline for my whole life, and tonight I pray that you allow us to be close enough for that type of relationship.

God please keep us close, and let us both sleep well for the rest of the night.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment