Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hi Mama

Dear God,
Caroline has started waking from her naps and shouting out "Hi Mama". I hear her - either through the walls or through the monitor and it's so funny to me. It makes me happy that she's awake, and I look forward to going into her room and seeing her. It also reminds me how much she still depends on me, how much she needs me to accomplish little things - like getting out of bed.

God this afternoon I have two prayers. First, thank you for this sweet dependent relationship you've created between child and mother. Thank you for the joy you've given me in being able to care for Caroline as much as I do. Also, I want to pray that she always feels like she can call out to me for help. Through her life there will be things she needs help with that are far more concerning than simply getting up from nap. I pray that she knows that no matter what she faces, she can always call out to her mother. I pray that she knows that even when I'm disappointed in her, I still love her, and will always stand by her side.

Thank you Lord for our sweet girl. Please don't ever let us take her for granted.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment