Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Love

God,
For the first time, Caroline's started to say "I love you", or "Love you too" without being prompted. It's such a rewarding, soul-filling moment for me, and I'm so grateful that she's saying those words. It's funny that as we grow it can be harder and harder for some people to say "I love you". Today, it's my prayer that you fill Caroline's life with love, that she always feels loved, that she has a deep love of herself, and that she's always able to express love easily. In thinking about Caroline, about love, I'm reminded of a section of 1 Corinthians that's often read at weddings. I read it this morning through the lens of Caroline's life, and it feels to me like it applies. It also makes me think of her wedding, and I do hope you have GREAT plans for that man. In the meantime though, please give her love so that she's patient, kind, humble, selfless, calm, truthful, protective, trusting, hopeful, persevering. I can't think of a better list of attributes to describe someone, and know that Your love is the root of these in our lives.

Please love her, and store love in her soul.
Amen.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment