Monday, January 23, 2012

Her Husband

Tomorrow Dan and I will celebrate 3 years of marriage. I just sat down to write in the card that I gave him, and it made me think about Caroline's wedding, which made me think about her husband. Seems strange to pray for a husband for a 9 month old --- but chances are she'll marry someone older than her, so that means he's alive somewhere. So, future-son-in-law, this prayer's for you.

Dear God,
Thank you for our sweet Caroline. Thank you for our marriage and love for each other that brought her into our lives. Today God I'd like to pray about Caroline's husband. There are so many things I want her husband to be, so it's hard to know where to start. God I pray that her husband grow up in a Christian household, where he learns about you and accepts you into his life. I pray that he's a gentleman, that he's educated, and responsible. Please give him gifts and talents, a sense of humor and adventure. God, when it's time, please allow him and Caroline to find one another --- and make LOTS of responsible decisions and date a while before they get married.... 30 years from now.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment